How to Prepare Yourself for Comprehensive Exam
Comprehensive exams basically provide a demarcation between doctoral students who qualify and one who don’t by mainly separating the coursework phase and the dissertation phase. It, therefore, provides a good platform to dismiss a candidate whose academic prowess and competence is in doubt. Bearing in mind the expansive nature of these exams, the best way to tackle this hurdle is to come up with a clever way of how to study for comprehensive exams.
Comprehensive exams are a perfect way of ensuring that students only begin working on their dissertation only when they are ready to do so. If they are no ready and don’t know all the PhD comprehensive exam tips they are not allowed to continue with the program since research is tan with a lot of seriousness and therefore jokers are not entertained. Some of the research projects carried out in various fields go a long way in adding to scholarly works.
The Best Ways to Prepare Yourself for Comprehensive Exam
The best way to make sure that you excel in any examination is to make sure that you prepare well enough. Rarely does someone pass an examination by coincidence or chance? There are a few helpful ways proposed by our experts on how to study for comprehensive exams.
Some of them include:
Consult with your advisors
Seeking comprehensive exam help from your advisors as well as mentors before embarking on the exams especially whenever you feel that you are not prepared enough. This way you will know exactly how to deal with questions when they come your way. You will also not be needed to take the exam for another time since you will be prepared enough for the first attempt.
During MBA comprehensive exam preparation, try to make detailed notes so that you will have an easy time while revising on the same. This will make sure that you do not have sketchy information and that you have the main points that you will need and if need be you will expound on them from that point. This also initiates critical thinking and you are forced to think and research more as you are studying.
Assume proper organization of all the helpful resources that will come in handy during preparation. You should know where all the relevant references are placed to avoid wasting your precious time as exams near trying to find them. They are very important since they will add to the detail that is missed when you are summarizing points on a notebook you can also make solid and valid arguments with information derived from these sources.
Ask for help
Do not shy away from seeking help from those who have gone through the system already and completed successfully. Older students will actually prove to be great sources of advice that goes a long way. You will have the first-hand experience on how to tackle most of the questions from those who have done it which could prove to be more helpful and applicable as compared to reading about them in books and journals. Some could even lend you copies of their graded essays which are actually quite helpful. Some colleges also have libraries where they keep their previous exam files and you can, therefore, borrow them to seek more insight.
During MBA comprehensive exam preparation, make sure that you pay attention to detail and also prepare for the exam as well. Reading all the directions and instructions that are found on the top page of the question paper is very important. They simply guide you and tell you what you are supposed to do and this eliminates situations where a student does their own thing and strays from what is expected of them which obviously leads to you failing.
The overwhelming majority of people worry too much about their PhD. Even though you have your supervisor to help you off to a good start, sometimes it is worth reading more information on how to make a smooth start to a PhD. We have gathered TOP useful blogs to use during your PhD writing and defense process.
- PhD Talk – Blog that provides important and useful tips and recommendations for those who apply for PhD Degree.
- Online PhD Programs – Blog that provides an overview of various doctoral programs and other interesting facts related to PhD
- Doctoral Study – Blog that introduces various topics for your Phd, gives fresh insights and provides vital information on writing process
- Find a PhD – Blog that reveals its huge database of PhD opportunities. You may find latest news and updates related to doctoral studies
- Grad Hacker is a collaborative blog that has been written by graduate students from different universities. Focuses mainly on graduate scholars and represents plenty of useful articles
- PhD Blog was created by PhD graduate who shares his own experience and provides a list to related PhD blogs
- PhD Stress – Blog created originally with a purpose to overcome PhD stress and therefore provides funny images and videos for chill-out
- Classle was created for learning, interaction and socializing. It is a nice platform for both: learners and experts.
- From PhD to Life was created by Jennifer Polk PhD holder, who helps graduate students and PhDs achieve their career and life goals by providing useful materials on her website
- LSE Careers – Blog for LSE PhD students, PhD holders and LSE students thinking about getting a PhD
- Not Just Another PhD – Blog run by Katy Mitchell, Phd-owner, who gladly shares her personal stories and experience while getting PhD
- Get a Life PhD – Blog created by Tanya Maria Golash-Boza with a purpose to help you balance life and your work during PhD process. Includes useful materials and recommendation on writing different chapters of a PhD thesis
- PHD Marketing & Strategy blog provides fresh insights and innovative solutions in business marketing
- Proquest archives dissertation works in their library which are available through library subscription databases
- Hackcollege – College blog which shares ideas on different college situations: ranging from exam preparations to your holiday break
- The Grad Student Way – Blog of Dr. Ryan Raver, who helps graduate students and post-docs with career counseling.
- Gradireland – Career blog which provides useful tips and recommendation on teaching and counseling abroad
- Gradcracker – Scientific and educational blog that shares information on various study opportunities and admission processes
- John Stack House – Blog created with a purpose to assist students from all over the world to get their PhD. Dicloses vital information on how to earn a PhD degree
- Versatile PhD shares real experiences of PhD holders and their recent contributions
- Thesis Whisperer is dedicated to helping research students in their study by providing interesting insights into education and career processes
- PhD in Practice – Blog is dedicated to practical side of doctoral programs and shares real experiences and important recommendations on getting a PhD
- Grad Psych Blog – Blog assists to find the right graduate program in Psychology for each student and introduces highest quality graduate training experiences
- Eduregard represents various scholarship opportunities and professional tutorials for students
- Happy Schools provides useful recommendations and information about studying abroad and admission program requirements
- Steps blog created by postgraduares and researchers to share their research and knowledge with society
- PhD portal represents various courses and programs for students to get their academic degree
- DoctoralWritingSIG has gathered people who are interested in doctoral writing. It’s a great place where everyone can come together to share information, resources, and ideas
- Blog of The Dutch PhD Coach creates with a purpose to help you write your thesis and defend it successfully. Includes many useful tips and recommendations from academic coaches
- The PhD Writer is meant to assist you with your PhD preparation process. Here you may find advice from various PhD researchers who exchange ideas about thesis writing
- PhD2Published is filled with recommendations on writing and publishing of different types of documents
You may copy the image below:
Alternatively you can copy the code below to place an image on your page
<a href="https://www.phddissertation.info/"> <img style="display: block; margin: 10px auto;" src="http://www.phddissertation.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/phd-blogs.png" alt="phd blogs" width="655" height="651" /> </a>
Why Choose Us for Comprehensive Exam Help
There are a couple of reasons why you can trust us and choose to work with us for your comprehensive exam help as well as answering some of the challenging questions for comprehensive exam preparation.
Some of these reasons include:
- Delivery for our services is very timely and we commence work as soon as we have an agreement so that we can make sure to deliver as soon as we can while still making sure that we maintain the quality of the write-up. This also gives us ample time to work on the pieces if you need any revisions and changes made.
- We guarantee you quality work which is 100% free of plagiarism. This is because we make sure that we do enough thorough research so that we come up with completely unique content on our own and therefore cases of similarity with previous works are unheard of.
- We provide a money-back guarantee which you are entitled to if you are not pleased with the output. We, therefore, make sure that we provide value to your money and this way we make sure that we maintain the highest standards of quality to avoid situations of disappointment where you have to ask for your money back.
- We guarantee you full confidentiality such that we keep our agreements private and therefore we do not leak any information we have discussed as well as the output of our work. You will not, therefore, find your work out there as well as personal details of our contract.
- Our services are provided on a 24/7 basis and therefore you can contact us at any point whenever you need any form of assistance. We also get back to you as soon as we can to save on time which is of the essence in this case. Our service providers also provide precise and satisfactory information for clarity purposes while you are working on the comprehensive examination.